A Great Career opportunity in Building Services Engineering
We are a leading designer and Constructor of Building Engineering Services and Utility Infrastructure and we are looking for an Electrical Design Engineer to join our successful team.
A position is available for an Electrical Design Engineer within a continually expanding Building Services organisation. Ideally, the candidate will be dedicated and enthusiastic with a minimum 1-2 years’ experience, with good knowledge in electrical engineering design and a good understanding of drafting software such as AutoCAD or Revit, although training will be provided to supplement existing skills.
Roles & Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to: –
- Undertake detailed electrical services design, preparing plan, schematics drawings & calculations
- Prepare design & calculation reports
- Use and develop Building Information Modelling (BIM) to ensure systems are co-ordinated in a complex construction
- Work as part of a wider design team; establishing and maintaining working relationships with internal & external stakeholders, design teams and authorities
- Attend meetings with the client, design & project teams; representing the company in a professional and diligent manner
Qualities and Skills
Candidates are expected to demonstrate the following: –
- Good knowledge of electrical engineering
- Experience in drafting with AutoCAD or Revit (Revit experience preferable)
- Excellent communication skills
- Dedicated & enthusiastic, demonstrating a willingness to expand current skill set
- Good computer literacy
- Have undertaken or be enrolled in higher education in Building Services Engineering
The company will offer full sponsorship for the completion of a part-time engineering degree in Building Services Engineering (if not already attained), or take on sponsorship of an existing Building Services degree course enrolment.
In addition, extensive in-house training is provided in all aspects of professional building services engineering, as part of the company’s professional development programme
Salary is negotiable dependent on the candidate’s experience.
- Opportunity to develop your technical capability and progress your career
- Work within a close-knit team, as part of a wider friendly company atmosphere
- Attractive renumeration opportunities as your career progress, including annual pay reviews and additional company benefits
- We are committed to training and leading technological development, which we believe are vital to enable us to satisfy the requirement of the construction industry in the future; for example, the development and implementation of Building Information Modelling
- We are committed to the training and development of young engineers, believing this is essential to the future progression of the industry
Closing date for applications is 26/04/19
Applicants should email their Curriculum Vitae to David Connor (email@example.com) with the term ‘Electrical Engineer Application’ as the subject.